Thursday, 29 December 2016

Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey Bonus Activity

Bonus Activity
According to numerous researchers and fitness experts, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. They argue that people who eat breakfast will have more energy, be in a better mood, be able to think more clearly, do better at school and end up healthier than people who don’t eat breakfast.
Interestingly, not everyone agrees. In fact, some people believe that breakfast is not the most important meal of the day because people often eat too much food at breakfast time, gain weight and become unhealthy. They think that it is better to skip breakfast and eat a number of small meals later in the day.

After reading the arguments presented above, what do you think? Is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Why or why not?

Image result for breakfast
My Respond:
For me I think that I agree with both opinions. I don't really have breakfast in the morning that much but I still go for both. Why I go for breakfast being a good thing is because sometimes it does give you energy, and sometime helps you a lot and give you strength. I've also heard about other peoples opinions saying breakfast is really good and that it stands for break the fast. So that's one opinion. The other is sometimes what people have for breakfast is bacon which is fat from a pig, and also toast with just butter and butter is also fat. So that's the other opinion I think that's really why other people do not like breakfast! That's all about now. 

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Amelia,

    Ironically, I am sitting here reading your post while eating my breakfast! This morning I am having a pretty healthy breakfast of muesli, yoghurt and fruit. (It's my favourite). I am definitely a person who needs to eat breakfast in the morning in order to 'break the fast.' Otherwise, my brain feels a bit foggy and I have trouble concentrating.

    I have noticed that eating a healthy breakfast helps me to feel awake and alert for the day but eating an unhealthy breakfast has the opposite effect. A breakfast high in fat (eg. one with lots of bacon and butter) can actually slow you down a little bit and make you feel a bit tired and sluggish.

    After reading your post, I have though a lot about the idea of breakfast and I have adjusted my original opinion. Originally, I would have said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now, I would say that a healthy breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

    Thanks for helping me to think more carefully and to come to this new realisation!

    I really enjoyed reading your response to this question. Keep up the great work, Amelia. You are showing excellent critical thinking skills!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Rachel,

      thanks for the lovely comment. I'm glad that you have learned something from this piece. I thought that this might not really make sense. But then it turned out to be good. I've been enjoying the Summer Learning Journey program a lot.

      Amelia

      Delete
  2. Hello again!

    I also need breakfast, but mostly because if I don't I have a really hard time concentrating from about 9am onwards, and then I eat my lunch for morning tea and the whole day just goes out of whack!

    I agree that the food we eat should be healthy too. For breakfast I usually have some healthy type cereal or rice, egg, and kimchi.

    Keep up the great work!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amelia. Your post was really interesting to read. I love breakfast and think that it is the most important meal of the day, so it was interesting to read that some people think its not important and its better to eat lots of small meals. I'm going to try that sometime. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete