Monday, 9 January 2017

Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey Bonus Activity


Image result for Rugby union NZ
Image attribution

Bonus Activity


According to the Love New Zealand website, the most popular sports in New Zealand are rugby union, rugby league, netball, soccer and cricket. In your opinion, which of these sports is the best one? On your blog tell us which sport you think is the best. Be sure to tell us why. Give us as many reasons as you can!

I think that the most popular sport to me is rugby union. Here are my top reasons why it is the most popular sport. These are many reasons I can think of.

1. Rugby union is the best sport in NZ because of our amazing team the All Blacks
2. It is the best because when the Rugby union world come comes on the TV every one will be watching our one and only team the All Blacks.
3. Rugby union is the best sports in NZ because of there number one players like Richie McCaw. ( Who is captain of the All Blacks)
4. Rugby union is number one sport in NZ because it is played a lot in some schools.
5. It is also the best sport in New Zealand because it helps to make yourself fit by exercising while your playing.
6. The 6th reason why it is the best sport in our country is because it has a lot of amazing skills like stepping the other players or getting a runaway.
7. Another reason is because people around NZ look up to the best players in the All Blacks team.
8. They are known for winning 1st place.
9. People enjoy playing it and get competitive sometimes.
10. My last reason why it is the popular sport in NZ is because a lot of people get to meet there famous players.

So there it is the only reasons I can think of why Rugby union is the most popular in our country.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    I love to see that you put so much effort into this activity and came up with 10(!) different reasons to explain the incredible popularity of Rugby Union here in New Zealand. I definitely agree that the athleticism and skill of the All Black players, including former captain Richie McCaw, is a major reason for its success. They really are such a talented group of players, aren't they?

    I think that the All Blacks are very successful for a number of reasons but I believe that sentence #4 in your list is a major contributing factor - there are so many school students playing rugby that the All Black selectors have, literally, thousands of children to choose from when making their squad. This is quite unique as countries like Canada (my home country) have a rugby team but so few people play rugby that they don't have very many people to choose from when putting the team together. Having said that, rugby is becoming more popular in Canada. I wonder if our team will improve to a point where we can compete well against the All Blacks...

    Anything is possible, I suppose!

    On an unrelated note, I really wanted to tell you that I admire your dedication to the Summer Learning Journey programme and your commitment to writing the best blog posts that you can. I see from your introduction that you love the subject of Literacy at school and I can see why! Keep up the awesome work!!!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel,

      This activity was actually the hardest for because of the 10 different reasons I can only think of why rugby union is the best sports in the world. Of course the All Blacks are a talented group. Did you know that the was actually a soccer team that was called All Whites. Pretty cool eh. Yea Rugby union is played alot in some schools including mine. I love the Summer Learning Journey it is amazing I'd love every single second and minute as I'm doing it.

      Thanks,
      Amelia

      Delete
    2. Hi Amelia,

      It makes me so happy to know that you are enjoying the Summer Learning Journey programme. That is the best news that I have heard all day!!

      Cheers,
      Rachel :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Amelia! Just. Wow.

    Rachel has already posted a huge comment so I'll just say this is one of the most impressive answers I have seen for this activity so far. It is exemplary! I can tell you are really going above and beyond for the Summer Learning Journey and you should be 100% proud of yourself for pushing that bit harder to learn even more.

    Congratulations and thank you for all the wonderful efforts you go to.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete