Thursday, 23 March 2017

Ambassadors take a trip to N4L!!!


On a wonderful but kind of cold Tuesday the ambassadors got ready to go on a trip to a big and famous building called N4L. N4L stands for Network for learning. They are the people who help the schools network which is really cool! So this is an example of one of the things they do. So N4L has a big screen that shows if there wifi is going down. If it is going down they have to make a solution to fix it and if the WiFi is ready to go and okay GREAT! We had to get to N4L by taxi to the city. The N4L building is set in Parnell. Anyways, as we were driving we were so excited. Then we got out of the taxi and I said goodbye. As I got out I was so stunned by the amazing building. Of course I can't afford something like that! After seeing the building we saw a beautiful lady. Her name was Mrs Stuart. She sent us to a room that is filled with like coding. It was a really quiet room. I started looking around and I saw a lot of people working with, like straight up focus. Then we went to have food! Oh my gosh the food was so delicious. I had quiche which was so amazing and fizzy too! I know I was very lucky. Then after food we had our presentation. I loved the audience at N4L they were so polite and were very funny. I wish I could go there again. After the presentation we gave to them they gave us gifts like the gift card you see  in the picture. We also got to see a car stacker. I would just like to say a BIG BIG thank you to the wonderful people of N4L you guys are amazing!




8 comments:

  1. Dear Amelia

    Thank you for writing about us on your blog! We all enjoyed your visit so much. It was really interesting to hear about the work you all do - far more sophisticated than anything I did at school! You all spoke so well, were so confident and very funny.

    We have all learned alot from your visit - it left us with warm fuzzies.
    Enjoy your trip to the movies! And thanks again for visiting us and brightening up our day.

    Kristie @ N4L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia,

    Thanks for coming to visit us! You guys are awesome. Your big smiles were so infectious my cheeks hurt at the end! Super impressed with all of you, you are such smart, polite and fun kids, your families must be very proud. Thinking about how we're helping with your learning makes us all proud to work at N4L. Good luck with your studies and thanks for taking the time to give us a glimpse into life in your wonderful school.

    Rob @ N4L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely report on your visit to N4L Amelia. We were very privileged to be invited there and what a super surprise to have them give you all a movie pass on top of the other treats! I thought the coding room was a bit like your classroom is-sometimes - when everyone is super focused :) We could all see they need some girls working there so maybe one day that could be YOU!

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talofa Lava Amelia,

    That was a very lovely report that you wrote about the N4L. You explained what N4L stands for and what their job is. You are so lucky to get this kind of opportunity in a life time at school.

    You have represented us very well and I look forward to your next blog post.

    From Roimata.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job reporting back what you did for N4L Amelia. You are all so lucky to have gone and it's so good to see you being an Ambassador for Pt England. Say hi to your sister for me. I miss you all very much.

    Love Miss Lavakula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amelia!

    Thanks heaps for coming in to see us on Tuesday, you and your fellow ambassadors were excellent! So relaxed and witty and intelligent, you made me laugh lots! And I was amazed at all the cool things you do at school these days, much different from what I used to do at school! Maybe we should get you all back here again, so you can show us some more of the awesome things you do and learn, and we can see your big grin again!
    Cheers
    Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suresh Thiagarajah24 March 2017 at 12:38

    Hi Amelia,

    It was such an honor to meet you and your fellow ambassadors :) You guys really did an amazing presentation, so calm and confident and always with an exceptional smile. Thank you coming by to N4L and hope we can meet you guys again some time. All the best and good luck for your next summer blogging. Cheers

    Suresh @ N4L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amelia

    Great report about your visit. We absolutely adored having the Point England ambassadors at N4L. I'm glad you enjoyed your time. Everyone was so impressed at the way you all spoke and the awesome learning you are doing.

    I agree with Mrs Burt's idea about maybe you helping out with more girls in the coding space.

    Have a great week,

    Mrs Stuart

    ReplyDelete