Saturday, 15 July 2017

Holiday Blogging WLJ - Bonus Activity Haka Rating

Bonus Activity: As part of the Matariki festival, there is a two day Kapa Haka competition. The haka is a traditional war dance that Maori performed before going into battle. The haka is now performed by children/adults in the community and by professional sporting teams, including our national rugby team, the ‘All Blacks.’  The All Blacks have performed various haka over the years. Watch the following three haka videos (1 – 3) and, on your blog, list the haka videos in order from best (#1) to worst (#3). There are no right or wrong answers ☺



1st The Best one: I thought that the haka they did in the World Cup 2011 was the best because they had alot of strength in there haka and represented New Zealand very well!

2nd Was great but did not get there: I thought that the Haka they did against South Africa was Awesome too! But I still thought that the world cup 2011 was better.

3rd Was not that good: I did not really enjoy the haka they did with Argentina! I think they should've put a little more Kaha (Strongness i think)  into it!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    Great comments - they were really insightful and they explained your thinking really clearly. I can see what you mean about the lack of kaha in the haka. I much prefer the strong, bold All Black haka performances. Do you happen to know when the All Blacks first started performing the haka before their matches? I'm really not too sure. I will have to go and do some research on it...

    If I find out the answer I'll let you know :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I just read about it and, apparently, it started back in 1988 [http://www.allblacks.com/Teams/Haka]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel,

      Thanks for your comment! I also much prefer when they do there haka's with kaha. I also thought that because it's like telling the people that we are New Zealand! I was not sure too about when they started there haka's before there match. Hearing that it started from 1988 is mind blowing!

      Thanks for letting me know!

      Amelia :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Amelia

    I find that I agree with your choice for your favourite haka. It was an amazing haka with a lot of kaha and mana. It was especially awesome because we won the RWC after many years.

    Ka mau te wehi, Amelia.

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete