Monday 24 September 2018

"Being famous and/or rich would make me happy"

Walt: Consider both sides of an argument.
"Being famous and/or rich would make me happy"
Image result for Debating

I partly agree with this statement because if I was famous/rich it could help me travel the world to help others who don’t live in safe places, give to the people who need clean and fresh water or just lend a helping to those who need good shelter and homes. Being famous/rich could also help me to inspire others to work hard and reach for their dreams especially those who suffer from severe conditions and can’t do what most people can. I could also live an easier life because if I was famous and/or rich I could  earn heaps of money. I would be living in a pleasing house that is maintained by housekeepers, gardeners, cooks and other servants to help me. This goes to show that being famous and/or rich can make me feel happy because I’m basically rich, I can give to the homeless and have a happy life!

Yet there are still a few things that would make me feel miserable about being famous and or rich. I have to worry about my safety because I have to go through threatening messages saying that someone wants to kill me. But it’s not only my safety that I have to worry about it’s also my family’s safety. Speaking of family I can have a hard time because I would have to be away from them so much because of things like meetings and tv interviews. Online gossip is also one thing that would bother me while being famous/rich. There are alot of untruthful things that go around on the internet which could also ruin my career just because of haters.

Overall I think that I would be famous and/or rich because of the benefit of helping others in need and also to support my family with what they need help with but only for a period of time.


Task Description: For this task Room 1 Literacy talked about a statement and we debated about the statement. The statement was "Being famous and/or rich would make me happy". We looked at both sides of the argument and then looked at it from our own perspective. We all discussed our opinions whether we agree or disagree in little groups then formed our own statement. This is my final opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Amelia,
    I see that your doing an amazing job in Literacy and you have been doing your best. Keep up the amazing work.

    Kind Regards Santana.

    ReplyDelete