Thursday 25 October 2018

Term 3 Paideia Seminar - EXTC

Today the Y7&8 EXT participated in a Paidea Seminar. A Paidea Seminar is when we come together in our own groups and argue about different statements its like a class discussion but better. There were different groups the Nutritionists, Athletes, Teachers, Doctors, Parents and my group the Shop Owners. In my group was Paikea, Sheena and Naomi. We argued from a Shop Owner's perspective about healthy food. I thought that my group did well in presenting our research and we contributed a lot about Shop Owners. Other groups had very interesting statements to make about healthy food especially the doctors. They said that 50% of Maori's had obesity but pacific islanders had 69% of obesity which was very scary to hear.

 I think that I did well during our discussion better than last term but I think that I should've included more people into our discussion because most people weren't discussing with the whole group. Overall I enjoyed the Paidea Seminar and I learn't lot's of interesting facts and information.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Amelia, that is very interesting. I have not heard of a Paidea seminar before. Thanks for explaining what it is. Interesting topics too. What a great way to develop your skills in debating and communication. Hopefully I can come to one of these Paidea seminars one day. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Amelia

    Ofa Lahi atu

    ReplyDelete