Friday 25 January 2019

SLJ ~ W4 D5 A1/2/3 The Sky's The Limit ~ THE LAST DAY!!

Kia Ora to whoever is reading this. Today is the final last day of the Summer Learning Journey. I’ve learnt many things from this program and I am truly thankful for all the help they have given us students. Today’s theme is  The Sky’s The Limit!

Week 4: Protect and Preserve
Day 5: The Sky’s The Limit!

Activity 1: Environment Day ~ Beat Plastic Pollution
#Beat Plastic Pollution
Related image

Plastic pollution is a major problem around the world. Most people don’t really care about it because there so busy creating it! Therefore it’s better if we come together as one and #Beat Plastic Pollution! One thing I can do to protect the earth is putting the right rubbish in the bin. When we put the right thing in the right bin it can help us decrease the number of rubbish that we create.

The second thing that I can do to the planet is just simply clean up! When we just do a simple thing like cleaning up it can help keep everything nice and clear. For example doing easy thing like picking up rubbish twice a day can make a good change to the world. So the next time you think about making a change start with picking up a piece of rubbish!

The last way we can help the planet is by stop creating landfills. The more landfills we create the more the earth becomes sad. Therefore the best thing to think about now is the waste we make. A way to help stop creating landfills is to buy things with less packaging and reduce food waste.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Adoption Day
Compare & Contrast

There are a lot of animals who are being adopted by many people! I think that putting animals up for adoption is a very good idea but at the same time it’s not. The positive side is that they get to live in a better environment away from predators but, the bad side is the animals are separated from family, and I know you could adopt them all but know it’s actually really expensive and it can cost up to $55. Over here in this google draw I have created, I have done a compare and contrast between three animals that are up for adoption. Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Concluding the Journey
The End


First of all I’d like to take this time to say a enormous thank you to the Summer Learning Journey crew. It has been an amazing journey and I really loved every single little bit! Thanks to all the people who took there time to make this happen and I am really thankful. I’d like to give a special shout out to Rachel, Izzy, Sophie, Patricia, Mikey and Billy for taking you time to comment on my post, fix my mistakes and just thanks for the motivation you have given me! Congratulations to other students who have finished already and to those who are not just keep going! I ask god to bless all of you, I can’t express how much I thank you and again HUGE THANKS SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY!     
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question of the Day: What was your favourite post from the Summer Learning Journey??!!

Task Description: Yes! I have finally finished the Summer Learning Journey 2018 - 2019 program!! Another big thanks to all the people who have commented and helped out with the program and I am sure other people are thankful too. This is the last summary of my work for Summer Learning Journey. For the first activity we were asked to list down three ways we can help #BeatPlasticPollution. The second task was about adoption. We had to compare and contrast three different animals that are up for adoption. Finally, the final task was just a big whole review of the program and all the things we’ve done. This is the end of the journey until we get back to school so goodbye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Malo Lelei Mia !!!!
    First of all I would Like to say CONGRATULATIONS for completing Summer learning Journey 2018 - 2019 I am Turly Proud of you for finishing SLJ Sistah !! I love every post you have done you put your heart into each and every activity you have done to show the world !!! I love how you explained 3 ways to stop Plastic around the world my favourtive one you have written has to be Number #2 for sure !!! I love the different kinds of animals you have chosen The Panda has to be my Favourtive for Sure !! I love how you didn't create a Googles Drawing or Docs Or Presentation But you went over and Above the Standard which is Amazing I Love the way how you Recorded yourself saying your Final Words to your Journey and to Rachel and the Summer Learning Journey Team !!! Great Post and I want to say CONGRATULATIONS for completing Summer learning Journey 2018 - 2019 Mia !!! God Bless you Mia and your Family and Friends and Enjoy the rest of your Summer Holidays !!!

    Best of Luck to you Mia !!! ,

    Lillyana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw I forgot but I really can't believe that I am the First one to Comment on your Blog !!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Amelia,

    I know it's the next day and so the SLJ program is over:( But that doesn't stop me from commenting on peoples blogs. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on finishing all the activities. You, (of course) did a fantastic job publishing all the SLJ activities. In the blog you also thought different to others and decided to record yourself answering the questions. Like Lilly said, "in every post you put your heart into each activities. Super proud of you!!

    My favorite activity had to be Mighty Mangroves (Wk 2, D2 A2) I had a really fun time explaining why Harry Potter is the strongest person I know (Well, after my dad [of course]) Do you have any favorite Harry Potter movies/books?

    CONGRATS,
    Jahzara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Amelia,

    Congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey! We have really enjoyed reading all of your blog posts this summer. You should be very proud of yourself for completing all of the Summer Learning Journey activities. It is an amazing achievement.

    I have really liked watching this video that you made! Such an awesome way to summarise your Summer Learning Journey experience. I totally agree that it is awesome to see lots of students from different clusters commenting on each other's blog posts. It was really sweet of you to personally thank so many of the SLJ staff - I will make sure that they all get to see this :)

    I really look forward to coming into Pt England in a few weeks to hand out all the prizes and certificates! I'll see you there!

    See you soon,

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sophie!

      Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog-post. I'm so sorry for not replying to your previous comments so I'm super happy to be giving back to you!

      I am really excited that I have finished all the great activities! Out of all the SLJ programs I really thought this one was the best because I learnt tons of information about the environment which was very cool. I really do thank you all for the support that you have provided not just me but all the other creative pupils!

      I also look forward to seeing you at Pt England for the gifts! I am so excited to be heading back to school. Thanks for the comments.

      Warm Regards,
      Amelia

      Delete
  4. Kia ora Amelia,

    My name is Georgia and I am the Cluster Manager for the Kaikohekohe (Northland) Cluster. Congratulations on finishing the programme! Completing all 60 activities is such an amazing accomplishment, ka pai.

    I loved watching your video explaining your answers for the last activity. That's such a fabulous way of presenting your activities and I also loved how supportive students were from other clusters. There has been a huge influx of cross-cluster commenting this year and all the Cluster Manager's have loved seeing it!

    I hope you enjoyed participating in the programme and have a wonderful year! I am sure Sophie is very excited to visit your school in a few weeks, to celebrate the success and hard work of everyone that participated in the SLJ this summer. Again, congratulations Amelia, you have done an incredible job.

    Nga mihi,
    Georgia.

    ReplyDelete