Tuesday 22 May 2018

Current Events and Activites 2

Walt: Monitor ourselves to complete all our work 


Task Description: Today for literacy we are working on our second current events activities. Current Events and Activities is a task that helps us keep up to date with the things that are going on around the world. In Current Events and Activities we go on sites like the New Zealand Herald or Kiwi Kids news. This article I found was from the New Zealand Herald. The article I chose was about a Hawaiian man who got hot lava splatted onto his shin down. This event was caused by an volcanic eruption that occurred 3 weeks ago in Hawaii. This is the first known incident from the volcanic eruption. Check our the presentation for more information to the story.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Amelia,

    My name is Miss Berry and I am a year 4 - 6 teacher at Hay Park School in Mount Roskill. I stumbled across your blog and I just had to comment and say how amazingly good you are at blogging. You clearly do a lot of it judging by your blog archive. I will show my pupils your blog to give them some inspiration and maybe they will also leave you some comments as I know they would also love to have visitors on their blogs.

    I didn't have time to read all of your posts sadly, however I absolutely love this task you have completed. I'm thinking of doing something similar with my class. I find the volcanic eruptions fascinating. Have you been following the most recent headlines surrounding them?

    ReplyDelete