Tuesday 11 June 2019

Reading // Review - Frozen Food 🍉🍇

WALT: condense and paraphrase key ideas in a text

Title: Frozen Food
Written by: Philippa Werry
Fiction // Non-Fiction


This story called, Frozen Food, is all about the different foods in Scott Base (New Zealand's Base) in Antarctica. As you know the title is called Frozen Food therefore the story is talking about what type of food they eat, how to cook it and how the food is stored. Scott Base is known to house around 80 people over summer, but only 10 or 12 stay in winter. I learn't a lot of things in this story and I also learned about all the very strict rules when it actually comes to eating. Did you know that even though it's Antarctica, they still need to use fridges and freezers to store there food. 

I really enjoyed reading this book. The reason for this, is that I am not familiar with books like this and reading it makes me more interested in learning more about it. I strongly think that the author of this story is trying to promote living in Antarctica and also deny the assumptions about it by giving an example of how they work with the food. I would recommend this text to all ages. Kids can get a good idea of what Antarctica is like and Adults can make the mature decision whether they actually want to move their.

No comments:

Post a Comment