Friday 28 December 2018

SLJ W1 D4 A1/2/3 More than meets the eye

Day 4: More than meets the eye

Activity 1: Scaling Heights

Interviewing Sir Edmund Hillary
Did you have other dreams you wanted to conquer?
How long did it take you to prepare for the huge day!?
Who was you number 1 supporter throughout your climbing journey?
Any insparations? (Anyone who inspired to do what you do?)
How did it feel when you finally reached the very top of Mt Everest?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup?

How to make Otai

For this task we were instructed to to show how to make our favourite food! One of my favourite food is Otai. Most people think that it is just a beverage but it does involve a lot of chewing. I have provided the steps and instructions above in the presentation about how you can make Otai. I hope you try out the recipe and if you do tell me how it tastes below!-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Salt and Pepper
My Hotel Room!
Where would I build my hotel? If I were to build my hotel anywhere I would construct it near a quiet peaceful beach because I believe that my customers should have there own open space away from building or any distraction.

What would I use to build my hotel? When I build my hotel I would make it from scratch. To build it I would use very strong brick because I want my hotel to be tall and wide so it can hold it's place. 

If I were to design my own hotel room I would create it like this. For my hotel I decided to go simple but still amazing. First I would make a nice cosy bed with a few pillows so that the customer can feel like they are home. I added a TV the points directly to the bed so that they can have entertainment when ever they want. I also added a working station therefor they can get some work finished or hop on there computer. To make the guest feel absolutely special I added a balcony so that they can relax with a amazing view. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    Great blogging!

    You must know how to draw very well! I love how you have used descriptive words to explain how you wanted your hotel to look like. I would totally add my own balcony too.

    MMMMM otai! Just recently me and my nana made otai for Christmas! Our ingredients we used were,
    1. Oranges
    2. Coconuts
    3. Mango
    4. Water
    It was delicious!

    Keep up the good work
    Jahzara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mālō e lelei Amelia,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of SLJ team. Thanks for completing another day of activities!
    Day 4 / 1: Firstly, I want to say well done for adding the image attribution link to the picture that you used as this makes your post look very professional. Furthermore, I really liked your questions. I am wondering who inspired Sir Edmund Hillary back them? Who where his heroes? I am wondering if he even knew that the legacy of his adventurous spirit would inspire many of us today. You did a very good job in here!

    Day 4 / 2: Thanks for sharing your mum recipe on how to make Otai! I tried it last year and I really enjoyed it, so rich and refreshing. I think that is great that you used the slide show to demonstrate each step clearly. Furthermore, the pictures of you making it made your post really genuine and interesting. Well done!
    Day 4 / 3: Your hotel looks lovely, simple but very nice indeed! I liked that you though about how important is for the hotel to be in a quiet and peaceful beach so your guesses can rest. Also, the addition of a balcony for fresh air and for a nice view was a very nice touch.
    Overall a very solid job here!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete