Monday 25 February 2019

My Visual Mihi ~ Amelia

My Visual Mihi

This picture over here is my visual mihi. A visual mihi is a task we always do in team 5 where we identify ourselves through digital art. We used a creativity tool software program call Hyperstudio. We picked four main elements that we enjoy doing, where we come from and other things. Basically what we like doing. Here's some information about each element I have drawn.

My Family: On the top left corner you can see I have drawn out my last name. Family is really important to me because there the people that you pretty much see 24/7! I love and cherish each moment with them (even when they can be super annoying). 

My Belief: On the top right corner I have written down a bible verse and drawn praying hands. I grew up in a christian family and so it's really important to me to keep that alive. I like learning different stories from the bible and holding that knowledge to share with others!

My Culture: Over on the bottom left corner you can see two Tongan flags and Tonga. Yes, I am a really proud Tongan and I love to embrace it. Even though I've been told that I am a little bit of this culture and a little bit of that Tonga has been my main culture so far. I am very proud that I am fluent in it and so it's easy for me to communicate with my parents a lot!

My Hobbies: Down on the bottom left corner you can see someone dancing and the word dance. I have a whole lot of hobbies and dancing is just one of them. I like watching hip hop but the main dancing style I like is Tongan. I find the moves very graceful and interesting as if they are telling a story.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    I love that you have described each element of your visual mihi and explained the task. How does this creation link to our term inquiry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia, I loved how you have described each picture with powerful words.
    Also your writing was outstanding because of you punctuation and words. keep it up Amelia with your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete