Friday 20 September 2019

πŸ‘• SHOULD STUDENTS HAVE TO WEAR UNIFORM?πŸ‘–

WALT:  support an opinion with relevant evidence
My Position: I believe both points have a very strong opinion. But, I support the fact that students should wear uniform, this is just my view on this topic.

PROS:
- School Pride
- Decreases barriers between children
- Children can be safe
CONS:
- Expensive
- Trends
- Uniforms and genders
----
Uniforms. Do you think all students should be wearing uniforms or are we better off not wearing any? As a student who has been wearing school uniform for 8 full years, wearing school uniforms are a better option because we have school pride, decreases child barriers and helps us stay safe.

SCHOOL PRIDE
When wearing school uniform, helps make us children stand out to other people or even strangers! As a prefect, I am constantly meeting new people and visitors at school. So I feel pride wearing my school uniform and representing my school as one of its leaders. When we do something that impresses visitors, when they leave, the can acknowledge us to other people by saying: “Oh, I just visited Pt England, a great school! Do you know them? They wear the red and black uniform?” This just keeps on going like a domino effect about the great school in red and black! 

DECREASES CHILD BARRIERS
Have you ever been to a non-uniform school? Did you ever feel like you were isolated or stereotyped? If so, this is another reason why I think children should wear school uniforms. Imagine going to a non uniform school and you weren’t the person who had the latest or the richest clothes. In this case, students build a barrier between the branded clothes to the salvation army clothes, or even if your like me K-mart or Warehouse clothes! Whereas, students who wear uniforms don’t usually feel that pressure between their peers because they are all the same and united. Some students would still have that gut feeling even with uniform but that's just puberty!

CHILDREN AND SAFETY
At my school, teachers like to point out our flaws like fix your collar, button your shirt, no hoodies hanging out and it goes on and on. Teachers do this because these flaws apply to the uniform policy. Uniforms are made to stay away from the ‘gang’ type of clothes in order to secure the child’s safety. Speaking of ‘gangs’, if a teacher were to see a suspicious huddle that includes a student from there school, they would instantly recognise that particular student and send him/her to safety. At times it won’t always be gang huddles but fights too! 

CONCLUSION
I strongly support children wearing uniforms in schools. Yes, they do have their weaknesses but as I said, I'm a child who has been wearing uniform for 8 long years. Now that you have read this piece of writing, Will you join me in saying YES to uniforms? Or do you still want to put up with a huge amount of laundry? CHOOSE WISELY!
------
Task Description: For the past weeks, Miss Tapuke gave us some questions with a whole lot of conflict to write about. This week our question was - SHOULD STUDENTS HAVE TO WEAK UNIFORM? To start off, we all sat down on the mat to watch a video about students and uniforms. We also read articles about the pros and cons of wearing uniforms. Room 2 also got to share there personal opinions. I have understood a lot from this task and I also felt it was a great topic. What do you think about this question? Leave a comment down below!


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora!!
    Another amazing blog post I see.

    I have been working on speeches not to long ago. Mine was focused around why goals are important. Do you agree with me that goals are important?
    Well It is cool to see some of your points about this subject and it does remind me of a speech because of the points and the words that you have used.

    I loved your paragraph about school pride because I do really like going out of school zones with my school and us having a huge resemblance and it does make me and hopefully my class feel good. I think that we should wear uniform but the school students should vote on what type and what style.

    I think that this was truly amazing but I think to improve this blog and take it to the next step it would be very good o add in you reading this amazing piece of work out to us.
    Would you prefer wearing your own clothes or a school uniform?
    Thanks you so much!
    -Maddie

    ReplyDelete