Day 2 – Learning the basics
Now that you have chosen your country, it is time to decide where, within your country, you would like to visit. Many tourists will choose to visit the capital city of a country. It is often quite large and full of interesting things to see and do.
Before you go overseas it will be important that you learn a bit about the capital city of your country. Hop online and find out about the capital city of your country. Use this information to complete the five sentences below:
- The name of the capital city is ____________Canberra_______________
- The population of the capital city is ___________381,488____________
- In January, the weather in the capital city is usually ___________Sunny____________
- The capital city is located in the __________Northern___________ (northern, southern, middle) part of the country.
- The languages most commonly spoken in the capital city are ___________________________English____________________________
One of the most popular activities in Madrid, the capital city of Spain, is called ‘Bullfighting.’ It has been a part of Spanish culture for centuries. In bullfighting people called ‘toreros and ‘matadors’ fight with a live bull. The toreros do most of the fighting and, ultimately, capture the bull and tie it up. Once it has been caught, the matador joins the fight and kills the bull. Although most toreros and matadors are men, there are some women who also compete in the sport.
Not everyone supports bullfighting in Spain. In fact, about 30% of the population want it to be banned (stopped) completely. What do you think? On your blog tell us whether or not you think that bullfighting should be banned in Spain. Please provide, at least, two reasons to support your decision.
I think that bullfighting should be banned here are my 2 reasons:
- I think that bullfighting should be banned completely because it’s obviously very dangerous.
- My second reason why bullfighting should be banned because the bull will suffer and die which is really sad.