Monday 14 October 2019

πŸ’» Quick Write: Immersion Assembly πŸ’»

Quick Write: Immersion Assembly


It’s back to school whanau! You know what that means…..Immersion Assembly! Immersion Assembly is a time where all the students of Point England meet in the school hall, where all the teachers and staff prepare an item or mtv to present our school topic! I walked into the hall, eager to see what was instore for us. I see the huge screen with the words Life’s a Stage! While we were getting ready to be seated, I could hear the music playing in the background. Various songs played which were remixed by Mr Jacobsen were smoothly blasting across the hall. Once we were all settled, we let the show begin!

Mr Burt was at the front doing his normal greeting. Since it’s Niuean Language Weeking Mr Burt yelled out loud FAKALOFA LAHI ATU PT ENGLAND! We all replied back, giggling at his amusing costume. It consisted of a messy wig coloured blue, red and white. Funky! He wore a skirt that I found pretty weird, and a bright t-shirt to top it off. He went on to explain how many cultural dances can explain different stories. Mr Burt was blurbing out words of excitement when Mr Jacobsen cut him off. “Mr Burt! Can I tell my story?!”, he said with eagerness. Mr Burt replied with a yes and the first item was underway!

Mr Jacobsen held the mic up and spoke with enthusiasm. “Well you guys know this story...🎢There once was a little boy, who lived in Eketahuna.🎢 Mr Burt was acting out all the words of the classic, original Pt England song - Is it Kind. Mr Jacobsen and Mr Burt both entertained us with that one verse. We chuckled at the site of the two crazy men. Mr Jacobsen proceeded to sing the second verse. 🎢Delilah was a little girl, she lived in Eketahuna. She likes to ride her motorbike- 🎢 VRROOM! A sudden noise of an engine cranking scattered across the hall. We all draw our attention to the back where the noise came from. HAHAHAHAHAH! The whole school bursts out in laughter at the site of Mr Sommerville. VRROOM! VRROOM! He was wearing a fuzzy blond wig which just made us all lose it.

Mrs Tele’a also made some short appearances when it came to the line. 🎢 Taught to them by their moooootttthhheeerrrr. 🎢 Once it came to the chorus the whole school sang the song. This was my favourite item because I found it amusing and hilarious. What a great item!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia i like how you add lots of detail to your writing about the immersion Assembly and really cool. keep it amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora!

    Its me Maddison from Yaldhurst Model School.

    I loved this post I am always excited to see what you have been doing and this blog post was amazing. It was an awesome humorous account that I know anybody world be over the moon to read.

    I think that this post is the perfect thing to share on the first week of term.

    I really think that there is not much you can improve on. I think there's one thing, maybe you could add in a video because I would love to see what your teachers wigs looked like, haha.

    This reminds me of how my school does an end of year assembly every year., It goes for about 2-3 hours and we say goodbye to all of that years, year 8s. They show pictures of themselves when they start school and shares so many funny stories.

    What was the funniest part?

    Thank you!
    -Maddie


    ReplyDelete
  3. kia ora amelia brayden from yaldhurst school.
    I liked the way you put an image we had a assembly when we got back to school monday morning.you brought me back to when I had my first assembly it was quite embarrassed but then I got use to it.
    next time you could make the words a tiny bit bigger because I could barely read it but apart from that this is great tino pai rawa atu
    kind regards
    brayden yaldhurst school

    ReplyDelete