Friday 25 October 2019

πŸ€” Reflecting On My Maths This Year ➗

Reflecting on My Maths This Year

In Room 4 maths we got to check our test scores from our previous maths test we had. Our task was to create a blog post reflecting on our maths this whole year. My favourite part of maths I enjoyed was area & perimeter and volume. I found this maths era my favourite because I actually enjoyed learning about it and it also helped me find my strength. Even though this was a great learning lesson, I still think that I didn't do quite well when it came to just maths in general.

Whenever I do maths I always seem to forget some part or just straight up forget what we even learnt. I think this is what I think brought me down in my maths test because I was very hard for me to recover all the things I did. At first, I felt like I was doing very well and then it just kinda went downhill towards the end. 

Besides this, the maths I've done this year has actually been good. I even learnt a lot of things that I previously didn't know at all. The reason for this is because Mrs Stone teaching strategies were very easy to understand. She came down to the students level of maths and helped us work through a question step by step. This was very helpful :)

In my test I did well at geometry, measurement and statistics. I'm still working on algebra.

What would I rate my maths out of 10?
4.5/10

2 comments:

  1. What would your teacher rate your maths progress out of 10? 9.9 recurring! (so 10).

    This year you have worked really hard to make sense of a range of concepts for yourself. You have constantly reflected on your learning and your progress. When you found something challenging, you asked for help from teachers and other students. When you understood something, you shared your learning with your peers and provided them with a clear explanation. By teaching your peers in this way, you solidified your understanding.

    In the test you are right, you had to recall a range of topics that we have covered in the last two years. When we were revising it was clear how much we had looked at - there was a lot of different things to remember. But, you still did well, and you have done very well in every test that we have taken throughout the year!

    I am like you in that I am a bit of a perfectionist, so it can be hard for us to stop and realise when we are doing well as we are so focussed on doing even better! But, I am very happy with your result and the progress you have made this year. I am not only proud of your maths achievement, but your determination and your metacognition. It is these learning skills that will see you succeed in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kai ora amelia.Brayden from yaldhurst school.
    I loved this because you are reflecting about your maths and what you did for it.You are doing great.You taught me to always reflect on your learning and how you did on your maths that is outstanding.
    Next time you could add some photos of your work to show what you are reflecting on.
    Kind regards
    brayden from yaldhurst school.

    ReplyDelete