Tuesday 12 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey 3 landmarks in New Zealand Wk1 D2 A2

Sky Tower
This New Zealand landmark is located at the corner of Victoria St and Federal St in Auckland CBD, Auckland City, New Zealand. The Sky Tower’s height is 328m and (1,076 ft) tall, Making it the tallest man-made structure in the southern Hemisphere.

Auckland Harbour bridge - New Zealand
This interesting landmark is located in Auckland, Northshore ( Not the Auckland North Pole ), and It’s total length is 1,020m. The Harbour bridge was opened May 30, 1959.  

Te Papa Tongarewa
This landmark Te Papa Tongarewa is an national museum and art gallery, located in Wellington 55 Cable st (6011). 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    I think that you have made some great choices! I personally love all three of these landmarks and feel very lucky because I have been able to visit all three. I was recently in Wellington and I went to Te Papa and was blown away by an exhibit that they had there. It was called 'Gallipoli' and it was all about the experience of soldiers from New Zealand (and Australia) who fought together during World War I. They had life-size replicas of the men and women who were part of the war along with videos, books, pictures, sculptures, etc. It was one of the most incredible things that I have ever seen. I really hope that you will get the chance to see it yourself one day. I think that you will be amazed!

    Speaking of amazing, I find it incredible that the Sky Tower is the highest building in the southern hemisphere. That is really impressive!

    I hope that you will continue posting your own impressive blogs over the next few weeks. I am really enjoying reading them!

    Keep up the great work:)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete