Tuesday 8 January 2019

SLJ W2 D3 A1/2/3 First You ‘Sea’ Me, Now You Don’t…

Week 2 Day 3: First You ‘Sea’ Me, Now You Don’t…

Activity 1: Night Owls

Are you a Night Owl or a Early Riser
For this task we were asked to talk about whether we are a Night Owl ~ Someone who wakes up late or a Early Riser ~ A person who wakes up nice and early in the morning. Once we said our opinion we then shared our siblings, parents and even grandparents opinion whether they wake up early or wake up late. This is a presentation about me and my family’s opinion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: A Local Delicacy
Image result for onion rings
Image Attribution
Onion Rings Ingredients!

One very large juicy onion - (Or as much as desired)
Flour (I prefer all purpose flour)
Baking Powder
Salt
Egg
Milk
Dry bread crumbs (You can find this at you local store)
(Optional) Salt or Pepper for taste
Oil
(This recipe was from a website)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: The Midnight Zone

Maths Problem
We were asked to complete a maths problem that was given to us. It involved a lot of problem solving but I finally got the correct answer. I decided to create this task in a presentation just so I can show my working out better. I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora & Namaste Amelia,
    Activity 1: Night Owls: You did an awesome job in here! Ka pai! Is nice to see that you know your family sleeping habits so well. I think adults overall are mostly early risers because we don't have an option really?!😂 My daughter is 8 years old and she does struggle a bit to go to sleep and she loves sleep in in the morning just like you and your sister. Thanks for doing a slide show for this answer! I think the slide show helps portion the text into small palatable chunks of words which helps to keep your posts easy to read.
    Activity 2: A Local Delicacy - Well done to link the correct image attribution to the picture you used! It would be nice if you write a line about how much you like onion rings before go into type the recipe. I love onion rings because of the crunchiness and sweetness of it, yum! Nevertheless, you answer do fulfil the activity request.
    Activity 3: The Midnight Zone - Here is another Math's problem, yay! You approach to solve this problem was really good and I really liked how you did show all the steps you took to get the final answer. Ka Mau te Wehi! However, you multiply 25kgs x 10kgs what is 10Kgs? Do you mean 10 adults and 10 children right? In this case you should write 25kgs x 10p or "people", because if this was a Math test you would lose points here despite your wonderful job, but luckily this is not the case.:0) Just make a note to yourself for the future to really notice the small details of your "work out" problem solving.
    Keep up with the great work and be amazing!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo e lelei Patrica!

      Thanks for leaving this comment on my blog. I see that I have to be a little more aware of the little mistakes on my blog. Thank you for noticing that! You are totally right that you guys don't really get and option! It's the holidays and my parents are still working but I don't mind because I get as much time to finish my SLJ work. I love onion rings as well and it is definitely crunchy and delicious. I'd like to thank you again for taking your time to comment on my blog and I will take notes of what you said.

      Cheers,
      Amelia :)

      Delete