Tuesday 8 January 2019

SLJ ~ W2 D4 A1/2/3 Spectacular, Spectacular

SLJ ~ Day 4: Spectacular, Spectacular

Activity 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Would I go on a boat, walk or fly on a private helicopter?
Image result for milford sound
Image Attribution
Going on a private helicopter would be very amazing. You could get the best view from above! Walking would also be a great idea. Think about you get to discover many things in the mountains but, I think that I would enjoy riding in a boat. I think that I would be better off riding a boat in Milford Sound. Why? Well, I would like to experience how it feels like in Milford Sound in a lower view rather than above. Therefore I think that riding on a boat would be nice and relaxing. The best bit about it is that you get to have a beautiful close distance of the shiny waters. Another thing that I could get nice and close to is the high snow-capped mountains that surround the lake. If I were to ride one of the boats I would sniff in the beautiful fresh air all around Milford Sound.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 2: It’s All in the name
The Devils Bath!
Image result for rotorua devil's bath
Image Attribution
*Grinch’s Bath 
*Witches potion
*Blood of a Grinch!
*Shrek & Fiona’s Lazy pool
*Ogers Juice 3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity 3: Picture Perfect
What is happening in this photo?!

I'm so sorry but I do not have a image attribution for this photo because I got it from the SLJ. THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO
In this photo of a woman who is standing in the edge of what looks like a rooftop decides to take a selfie with the best view that surrounds behind her. From the look of it I think the woman is trying to figure out which side or angle is the best or she is trying to get good lighting. She looks like a tourist that stays in a friends home. She probably asked if she could climb onto the roof and take a photo. Looking at where she is standing it looks very dangerous because it looks like as if she going to fall back into the cool blue sea. The picture seems as if it has taken place in the beautiful city of Havana in Cuba. Why? Because houses are all in different fancy colours. This is why I think this lady decided to visit Havana. I think that in this perfect photo the woman is trying to convince in her selfie that she is falling. I think that what’s about to happen next won’t look really but I hope it’s no bad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Task Description: For today we were asked to do three activities. Today for Day 4 the theme is Spectacular, Spectacular. The first task was about a beautiful tourist attraction called Milford Sound. For the activity we were to imagine if we got to go to Milford Sound and do some exploring we were to decide whether we would walk, go on a private helicopter or ride a boat. The second activity was about a pool in Rotorua, New Zealand. There they have a pool where some people suggested to come up with a new name. I listed down five different names that would be suitable for the pool. The last activity was about describing. We were asked to choose between three different pictures and then talk about what’s happening in the photo. Well, that’s all for day 4 viewers! Be sure to leave a positive comment below and stay tuned for more posts!

6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Amelia,

    Wow, What an incredible blog post you have created. The options of activity 2 was really impresive. I'd also agree that every single one of them are most likely to being better than mine. Overall what an stunning post. As always don't forget to keep up the great work and enjoy your holidays until school begins.

    Kind Regards,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fantastic response Hinerangi! It is beautifully written - I'm very proud of you.

      From Ms Nalder :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Amelia,

    This is Ms Nalder - how are you?

    Wow, you have been super busy over the holidays! I'm loving looking at your blog! I am not teaching at Pt England School anymore because I have a little baby girl called Laila. I am doing some work for the Summer Learning Journey from home now, which means I get to read your blogs and check out all your amazing learning!

    I love your description of the selfie picture! She really could be in Havana, Cuba. You're right, the houses there are different colours. I visited Cuba with my husband a few years ago and it is such a great place - lovely people and lots of dancing and music everywhere. Where would you like to travel to most in the world?

    Please say hi to the rest of your family from me!

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amelia
    I love all the names that you have put down for the pool. I thought the Grinch one was very funny.You are doing well!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

    Well you stay safe hope to see more from
    Your Sincerely
    Sonnia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Amelia,
    Activity 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles: I really like you opinion writing in here as your managed to explain very well the reasons why you would rather use a boat to discover Milford Sounds, well done! I have been in there in a boat and guess what? It was super cool because as you already mentioned you can really "feel the experience", the fresh air, the smells of the sea and the trees and the flowers. Another cool thing by doing it in a boat as that you can get very close, to the point of getting wet, of the many waterfalls in the valley. ;o)

    Activity 2: It’s All in the Name - This post made laugh! I really liked you selection of names as they all relate super well with the "beautiful" colour of this pool, yuch!! However, I think my favourite of all five is Shrek & Fiona’s Lazy pool", brilliant!
    Which one is your favourite?
    Keep up with the amazing work you are doing!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patrica!

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I can't believe that you have been to Milford Sound! It's so great that you actually got on a boat while in there. I can imagine the fresh air and beautiful smell on nature just swinging by my nose!

      My favorite out of all five names was also definitely Shrek & Fiona's Lazy pool! When I was thinking about the names shrek and fiona just popped into my mind and I thought it would just be the right fit!

      Thanks for stopping by again Patrica!

      Cheers,
      Amelia

      Delete