Friday 20 January 2017

Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey W3 D13 A1/2

Day 13 – La, La, La...
Although you had a very restful day yesterday watching TV you have woken up feeling quite tired. You decide to turn on the radio and listen to some music before you get up and get on with your day. When you turn on the radio, the first song that you hear is one by Justin Bieber, a musician from Canada.
Activity 1
Justin Bieber is arguably one of the most famous musicians in the world right now. He has had (#) of Number 1 hits, including the songs:
Watch the three videos. After you have finished watching them, rank them from #1 (best) to #3 (worst). On your blog, list the three videos in order from best to work and tell us why you have ranked them in that order.



1. Sorry/Love Yourself
2. No Answer
3. Baby

I've actually listed Sorry and Love Yourself first place because they were a tie breaker. I'd even hear them in parties as we pass by the roads, and even in my own house. Even though I could not watch Love Yourself because it was like playing up it was okay because I already watched it in my sister's account and it was amazing! So sorry about that Rachel that I'd only listed two first place but no second. But now coming in 3rd place is Baby. I did not like Baby at all because it was a very old song and it too hard for me to keep my own eyes on.

Activity 2
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\WOMAD logo.jpg
Source: http://www.portableroadways.com/countdown-to-womad/
Every year there is a huge music festival held in New Plymouth, New Zealand. It is called WOMAD. WOMAD stands for ‘World of Music, Arts and Dance.’ The festival began in 1980 and there are WOMAD festivals held every year in Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Spain, Italy and The United Arab Emirates. They attract singers and performers from all around the world. Imagine that you are on the WOMAD organising committee for next year. Which two musicians/bands would you invite to perform? On your blog tell us the names of the two musicians/bands and tell us a bit about them. Where are they from? What kind of music do they play?

Here are 2 descriptions about the two musician and band.

Fifth harmony


I would like to invite Fifth harmony to the WOMAD festival. Fifth harmony is one of the amazing girl bands I know like Little mix but I prefer Fifth harmony better. Here is a little info about this band. So there used to be 5 people in there band but then the girl in the middle of the picture (Camilla Cabello) left sadly to start another journey and there was also a lot of drama. So apparently there was only 4 more girls left. But they kept singing and managed to leave a smile on the fans. So I would invite them to the festival because they have amazing songs, and one girl in the group ( Dinah Jane ) the girl in the left of the photo is and islander. So here is one band now let's move on.

Charlie Puth


I would also like to bring one of my top favorite music star Charlie Puth. Now here's a little info. Charlie Puth is a American singer, and I love his songs because there amazing and he also made his hit song One Call Away that my school always used to sing in assembly. I would like to bring Charlie Puth to the festival because he has an amazing voice his songs are amazing. He's also good at calibrating with other people in songs. So here is the reason why I would like to bring Charlie Puth to the festival.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    WOW! It's like you've been gone for 6 days and the BOOM you enter with this HUGE blog! Welcome back!

    It's so cool to read all about these bands. I like that there is an Islander in Fifth Harmony too, it is very cool when you feel a connection to an artist or band.

    I'm sure the band will be okay. I just watched a live performance and they were singing for real as well as doing some crazy dance moves. That is really hard to do.

    Keep up the great work!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark,

      Sorry yea I've been away because my fam is really crazy.

      Wow! I can't believe that you saw a live performance of the band. What kind of crazy dance moves they did?

      Thanks,
      Amelia

      Delete
  2. Hi Amelia!

    Great choices for the WOMAD line-up! I also really like Charlie Puth. He's a very talented singer and musician. Aronui and I often listen to his hit song, "One Call Away" on the way to work/school in the morning. Aronui loves to sing along to the song at the top of his lungs. His favourite two lines are, "I'll be there to save the day, Superman's got nothing on me..."

    I think that he likes the idea that Charlie Puth is like Superman! I didn't realise that you used the song in assemblies at Pt England last year. That is a great idea!

    I wonder which song/s Mr Burt and the teachers will choose to use this year? Do you have any suggestions? I am sure that they would love to have some great ideas!

    Awesome post, Amelia. I really enjoyed it!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete