Thursday 26 January 2017

Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey W4 D18 A1/2

Day 18: Famous/Infamous animals
It’s time to go to the zoo! You have been invited to tour the national zoo with some students from one of the local schools. Although you don’t really know anyone you decide to be brave and give it a go! When you arrive at the front gates, you walk into the zoo and you immediately see…
Activity 1
Imagine that you have just entered the zoo. On your blog, tell us what you think you might see on your visit. You can start with this sentence:

I had just entered the zoo when, all of a sudden, I saw a zookeeper right in front of my face with creepy look. "What are you doing your are in my way", I say. The zookeeper gave me a dull look and gave me a weird welcoming to the zoo. He gave me 3 options, "Sorry some of our amazing parts of the zoo is really messed up so your 3 option are to go back home which I don't recommend you to do. Wait until the whole messed up thing is done or go through the scariest part of the zoo", The zookeeper said with a freaky voice. But I said nothing and I just took the first option he said. The zookeeper started bragging about coming back inside the zoo out loud. So I just went straight to the scariest part of the just because he was so annoying. As I went through scariest part of the zoo it did not look like what he had explained to me and that was a bummer. So I carried on as I was walking I saw an elephant jumping around in circles, and as they saw me they stopped a looked very scared that was sad I wonder who it was. I felt like someone was touching me so I looked back know one was there. That was strange. So I just carried on. I saw two goats eating happily and the same thing happens. I was staring to get a little scared. Just then I saw one of the animals I fear the lion. I saw to lions who were very scary and just then they looked at me I was just about to run when the same thing happens again. Just then I heard some one laughing then I picked up a stick the turned around and accidentally hit the man with a stick. I looked at him carefully and it was the zookeeper! I said, "Sorry". Then the zookeeper said, "Oh no I'm sorry I was trying to make this scary. This is big time.
The End

Aim for a blog post of 8 - 10 sentences in length. You can do it!
Activity 2
When you are at the zoo, you have the chance to learn about some animals that are specifically found in your country. They are called ‘indigenous’ animals. This means that they are originally from your country. Use Google to identify two indigenous animals from your country. On your blog, post a picture of the animals and tell us a bit about them. What are they called? Where do they live? What do they eat?
The Koala & The Kangaroo








What are they called: These animals are called the Koala and the Kangaroo 

Where do they live: These animals both live in Australia

What do they eat: The koala eats Eucalyptus leaves and the kangaroo is a herbivore so they eat stuff like grasses, flowers, leaves, ferns, moss and even insects. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    What a great story you have created. I was really entertained and a little bit scared towards the end when you started to see some strange things happening in the zoo. I wonder why the zookeeper was trying to scare you. Perhaps he thought that it would make your trip through the zoo more interesting?

    Either way, you told a great story with a really clear beginning, middle and ending.Nicely done!

    I also loved to see the gorgeous pictures of the koala and the kangaroos. They are just adorable looking, although I have read that they can be quite feisty!

    Have you ever seen a koala in real life?

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete