Friday 6 January 2017

Holiday Blogging - Summer Learning Journey W2 D10 A1/2

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\School Diary image.jpgDay 10 – School Days
After meeting with the local family yesterday you are inspired to learn more about how people live in different countries. You and your family decide to go out and visit a local market. When you’re there you meet a student who tells you all about what it’s like to go to school in their country. The student also gives you a page from their diary that shows you what a typical school day is like for them.


Here is an example of a school diary for a student from Germany.
Time
Day 1
Day 2
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
Math
German
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
History
Religion
9:30 - 9:40 a.m.
Break
Break
9:40 -10:25 a.m.
English
Music
10:25-11:10 a.m.
English
French
11:10-11:30 p.m.
Break
Break
11:30 – 12:15 p.m.
Art
Physical Education
12:15- 1:00 p.m.
Science
Science

Activity 1
Think about your school and what you typically do in a day. Compare it with the diary from the German student. What is similar? What is different? In your blog, tell us:

  1. Whether you would rather go to school in New Zealand or in Germany? - I would rather stick with having school as a kiwi!
2. Why you feel that way? - I feel that way because I love New Zealand it's my home land, and as I see
on the Germany school time table it all start's off with maths. In my block around 8 to 9 we start off by
relaxing our minds by reading a book.
Me reading a book!
Activity 2
Think about your favorite subject at school. In your blog tell us:
  1. The name of your favorite subject - Reading
  2. Why it is your favorite subject - Reading is my favorite subject at school because as I read stories I kind of make up a message to the story just like I did to the story Matilda. Another reason why I love reading it because it helps me relax, think and improve my stories.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I feel like I've read this blog before and even commented on it. I wonder if my comment disappeared for some reason... Or maybe it is because it is similar to one of the other activities. Either way, great blog post! I knew your favourite subject was reading!

    Did you really read Treasure Island? I heard that it has lots of scary sword fights and stuff, is that true? I can't remember since it has been a long time since I read it.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete