Friday 14 July 2017

Holiday Blogging WLJ - D5 A1/2 One Step at a Time...

Day #5: One Step at a Time…
After a long day at the beach, it is now time to move away from the water and drive inland, through the middle of the south island. You are going to start in Nelson and drive south before crossing a huge mountain range called the ‘Southern Alps.’ The scenery is going to be amazing!
Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...



C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png




http://www.kiwidaydreaming.com/p/new-zealand-maps.html



As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest....
At first I thought they were just joking around with me! I call out," You know I'm not playing!". I repeat what I just said. After 5 minutes of thinking that it was a prank I started to get serious with this situation. I then hear growls through the forest. "Uhhh... Anyone there" I say. The growling get's louder. Whoops! I think I should've stayed quiet. I then hear someone scratching behind the bushes! "Hello!". Then I hear something coming through bush. The first thing I thought to do was......RUNNN! I ran as fast as I could jumped over tree's rolled under hanging logs until I heard nothing but the sound of my foot stomping on leaves. I then stop. I look around and everything was quite. "Whew", I say well trying to catch my breath. I then start yelling,"HELP!". "Shhhhhh", someone says. I then froze. Looked around and everything was clear. "BOO!". I fell to the ground and looked up and saw a group of people. They looked like they were exploring the forest! "Wait", I say confusingly. It was my group! I then have a big smile on my face but quickly turned upside down. "Umm.. Why did you leave me!", I say in a sassy way! "We just wanted to have a little fun", they reply. "Oh well let's keep going!", I say. Then I hear more growls! "Come on guys you know I'm not.... you know stupid", I say in confidants.  "It's not us", one says. "Yea", another joins. Then who...... We all turned around and see a giant brown bear! Yes a bear! RUNNN!

Activity 2: After the adventure at The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve, you are pretty happy to get back into the shuttle van and continue with your road trip. Over the next few hours you travel up and over the Southern Alps, arriving in the city of Christchurch to eat lunch. You have a delicious meal at a cafΓ© downtown and then hop back into the van to travel to Twizel, a small town at the base of Aoraki-Mt Cook. Mt Cook is the largest mountain in New Zealand. It is also the mountain where Sir Edmund Hillary trained for his climb up Mt Everest the tallest mountain in the world. Sir Edmund Hillary is very famous because he was the first person to ever reach the top of Mt Everest!



C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Sir Edmund Hillary pic.jpg

Now it is your turn to learn about a famous New Zealander. Use Google to research one famous person from New Zealand and then create a DLO (Digital Learning Object) and post it on your blog. Be sure to include: 1. The name of the famous person, 2. Where they were born, 3. Why they are famous, and 4. Two other interesting facts about them.

Hi Rachel I'm sorry if I did not include the things that you wanted! Anyways today I made a little poster about the famous singer Lorde! I made it using google draw and added two photo's of Lorde to the side. I also did some searching about Lorde and here it is!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia.

    Your story about what it would be like to be lost in the forest is really descriptive. You used some really awesome words too.

    I didn't realise that Lorde loves peanut M&Ms. I love the plain M&Ms myself.

    Great work Amelia!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivia,

    Thanks for stopping by! When I wrote my story I had no plan so I just had to think of what I'm going to write next! But at the end I sure did proof read and check it! I also did not realise that Lorde loves peanut M&Ms. I live both peanut and plain!

    Cheers,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amelia,

    What a great DLO about Lorde! I hope that you know that I really enjoy your work and think that you do a great job with the learning journey programme. There is never any need to apologise to me for your work. As long as you're doing your very best, I'm happy!

    I must admit that I didn't know much about Lorde until I read your DLO. I have heard of her and heard some of her music, however, I did not know that she loves to read or that she loves to eat M&Ms. Yum! Those are my sister's favourite treat. In fact, she sometimes puts them in her vanilla ice cream and mixes them together and eats them like a 'McFlurry' from McDonalds.

    Have you ever tried a McFlurry? If not, I can highly recommend them. They are delicious!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete